Smith's is proud to offer the ultimate in sharpening steel technology with the "World's First" interrupted surface, diamond coated, oval sharpening steel. Smith's 10" Diamond Sharpening Steel features a unique sharpening surface with a over-lapping oval hole design, which is coated with multiple layers of micron-sized monocrystalline diamonds. This innovation helps speed the sharpening process by collecting and holding the metal filings which ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. It comes with a soft grip rubber handle and oversized hand guard for comfort and safety. Unlike conventional steels, which only re-align your cutting edge, the Smith's 10" Diamond Sharpening Steel hones and re-aligns your edge at the same time.
- Diamond coated steel rod speeds the sharpening process
- Soft grip rubber handle for comfort and safety
- Hang-up ring for easy access
- Plastic sharpening tip protects your counter during sharpening
Grit: Fine Diamond 750 Grit
Consistency of the sharpening angle to the cutting surface of the Diamond Sharpening Steel is essential in order to achieve the sharpest edge possible. We recommend that you use an approximate 23 degree sharpening angle for best results.
Caution: If the Diamond Sharpening Steel touches any part of your knife other than the cutting edge, scratching could occur.
- Only sharpen on the oval surface, not the edges of the steel.
- Hold handle of sharpener in one hand and knife in other. Place the plastic tip that is on the end of sharpener on a solid surface. Apply sufficient downward pressure on th sharpener so it will not slip during the sharpening process.
- Place heel of your knife at the top of sharpening rod at preferred angle.
- With consistent downward pressure on the cutting edge, push the knife down the rod while pulling the knife towards you from the hell of the blade to the tip of the blade.
- Repeat step 4 on other side of knife blade.
- Repeat Steps 4 & 5 until knife is sharp.
- Remember always do the equal number of strokes on each side to ensure sharpest edge possible.
Always clean your sharpener after use. We recommend that you use soapy water with a mild nonabrasive brush, never use a steel brush. After cleaning always dry off your sharpener before storing.
Manufacturer Part No: