Byrd Knives are a new species of knives and pocket tools designed, produced and imported by Spyderco. Byrds stand as an independent product line from Spyderco' well-known CLIPIT line. They present the astute knife buyer numerous hard-working knife and tool options at an economical cost. They are designed and manufactured under the premise that:
"Dependability shouldn't depend on your budget."
To date, byrd knives feature 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blades. 8Cr13MoV blade steel is similar to AUS-8 in its properties and performance. It contains both molybdenum and vanadium and has .8% carbon content. Molybdenum enhances the strength and hardness of the steel, vanadium its wear resistance and toughness. Carbon augments the steel's tensile strength, ensuring a tough, hard steel with good abrasion resistance. Resulting from this recipe is blade steel that retains a sharp cutting edge for extended time and use. The comet shaped opening hole is a Byrd knife and synonymous with the stringent quality requirements, high performance materials and manufacturing standards invested in each individual knife.
Browse Featured Items From Byrd Knives
- Byrd BY12GP2 Starling 2, CTS BD1 Plain Blade, G-10 Handles
- Byrd Robin 2
- Byrd Robin 2, Serrated Blade
- Byrd Meadowlark 2 Rescue, Serrated Blade
- Byrd Knives Cara Cara 2, BY03BKPS2, 3.75 in. 8CR13MOV Black Combo Edge, Black Stainless Handles, Backlock Folder
- Spyderco Byrd Tern BY23GP
- Byrd Robin 2 Flat Ground Blade, Black FRN Handle
- Byrd Hawkbill Black FRN Handles
- Byrd Meadowlark 2 , Black FRN Handle, Full Flat Ground Plain Edge
- Byrd Meadowlark 2 , Black FRN Handle, Full Flat Ground ComboEdge