Owning an Emerson Knife brings you membership in an elite group; Individuals, who are known for seeking the finest in all things. You are now counted among those who will never compromise their values and never, ever, settle for second best.
As I have explained in the definition of chisel grind in the glossary, the term chisel grind refers to the overall grind of the knife ie; the main bevel, not the edge, just as V grind refers to the main bevels of that style of blade. What you are referring to is the edge, the edge grind. All of our knives feature a single edge grind regardless if they are a chisel grind style like our model, CQC-7 or a double V ground style like our Commander model. The edge grind is the silver colored line located and visible at the bottom of the blade edge, not the main bevels.
The single edge grind produces a very strong, sharp and easily maintained edge, especially in the field. This type of edge has been used historically on many hard use grade knives,most notably several million AK-47 bayonets. In describing our knives it would be either; A chisel grind blade with a single edge grind or a double V grind blade with a single edge grind depending on which model you choose.
Browse Featured Items From Emerson
- Emerson Commander Black Finish Blade, Black G10 Handle, Plain
- Emerson Super Commander, Black Blade, Plain Edge
- Emerson Super Commander, Black Blade, Combo Edge
- Emerson Mini-CQC-8 Horseman, Black Combo Edge
- Emerson Mini-CQC-8 Horseman, Satin Combo Edge
- Emerson Mini-CQC-8 Horseman, Satin Plain Edge
- Emerson Super Commander, Stonewash Blade, Plain Edge
- Emerson Super Commander, Combo Edge
- Emerson Mini Commander Black Blade, Combo Edge
- Emerson CQC8 Wave Linerlock, Black G-10, Black Blade PlainEdge