Kershaw 6715D Kai Shun Wasabi Deba, 6" Daido 1K6 SS Blade, Bamboo-Powdered Polypropylene Handle
A deba is one of the key traditional Japanese blade styles. In Japan, the deba is a heavier knife and is used primarily for breaking down and filleting fish. Some cooks like it for working on poultry as well. The Kai Wasabi Black Deba is a medium-sized deba with the traditional single-bevel blade. This gives it an extremely sharp edge that will move through your fish quickly and easily, producing a very clean fillet. If you enjoy fish, taking the time to learn traditional Japanese deba techniques is well worth the time.The deba is not intended to be used to chop through larger, heavier bones.
- Blades are embellished with the Japanese characters for "wasabi"
- Handle is sturdy, clean polypropylene blended with real bamboo powder
- Antibacterial handle helps prevent growth of bacteria
- Steel: Daido 1K6 high-carbon stainless steel
- Handle: Polypropylene blended with real bamboo powder
- Blade Length: 6 in. (15.0 cm)
- Weight: 8.9 oz
- Country Of Origin: China